Kaya Tiwi High School Rugby team centre George Nyiro has died.
According to a close member of the family, the form three student died after a short illness. Nyiro fell sick on Wednesday and was taken to the hospital where he got treatment and was discharged.
On Thursday, he fell sick again and was rushed to Lunga Lunga Hospital in Kwale where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.
- Mogoiyuet: Narok based day school eager to battle the big boys
- When Kakamega vs Musingu ended in tears for Barbarians
- Laiser Hill 2017 East African 15s Champions: Where are they?
- KSSSA National 15s past winners
- Tracing Kakamega High 2010 National 7s Champions
The Centre made his National Secondary School games debut last year with Mwavumbo secondary school. He later transferred to Kaya Tiwi late in 2019.
He was part of the Kaya Tiwi squad that took part in the Kwale County games before COVID-19 interrupted the schools sports calender.
The player also featured for South Coast Pirates junior team.