The Kenya Simbas completed their Cup of Nations with  a 40-30 loss against hosts Hong Kong this Saturday,18 November.

The result means that Jerome Paartwater’s charges have  failed to register a win at the tournament after losing 23-3 and 31-10 to Chile and Russia respectively.

The Leigh Jones-coached side managed  five tries,three conversions and three penalties against Kenya’s four tries,two conversion and two penalties

Hong Kong registered the first points of the match after utilizing a penalty inside the Kenyan territory before Connor Hartley went over at the left hand corner but the ensuing conversion went wide.

The Simbas would soon concede the second try as flyhalf Matthew Roslee layed a wonderful offload to Toby Fenn for a 12-0 lead.

Karia stretchered off

Peter Karia would then be stretchered off after a collission with a Hong Kong opponent in the move leading to Hong Kong’s second try,his place taken by Phillip Ikambili.

Matthew Roslee then added to Hong Kong’s tally with a well taken penalty kick before Darwin Mukidza cut the deficit to 9 points as he struck two penalties in quick succession.

Hong Kong responded almost immediately,courtesy of centre Lex Kaleca who bulldozed his way to touch down under the posts for a converted try taking the scores to 22-6 in favour of the hosts.

Phillip Ikambili scored Kenya’s first try of the match off a line out before Mukidza added the extras from an acute angle with Hong Kong taking a 22-13 lead to the interval.

Samson Onsomu went over for Simbas second try in the second half before Mukidza successfully booted in the conversion to cut the difference to two points but Hong Kong extended their lead courtesy of a try by Yiu Kam Shing who went over the whitewash at the corner.

The Kenya Simbas who were by far better in the second half landed a try as substitute Vincent Mose made a powerful run to the tryline but the Dragons hit back with a converted try to lead 34-25.

Oliver Mang’eni would then steal possession before going over as the Simbas began to catch up but Hong Kong would dent any hopes of a Simbas comeback slotting in two penalties to seal a 40-30 win.